Tuesday, September 30, 2008

THE BIG 0-5




We can't believe that Matthew is 5 today! I recently bought him a journal, mostly so I had a place to write down all of the funny things he says. It has made me think about how fast time flies, and how much we love this little boy! Matthew is a real blessing to us, so I thought I would spotlight him a little for his birthday post.



Matthew at age 2


Matthew's favorite things:

favorite colors: orange and green
favorite number: 9,000
favorite food: mac and cheese, crackers (He often says "I don't like healthy things.")
favorite song of the moment: "Mama Tried" by Merle Haggard (with lyrics like I turned 21 in prison doing life without parole...)
favorite hobbies: drawing, playing video/computer games, beat-boxing (He can turn any song into a dance remix.)


Corinne age 5, Matthew age 2



Some of my favorite Matthew quotes/conversations:

setting: Matthew and I sat down at the table to eat lunch.
Me: "Matthew, can you say the prayer?"
Matt: "Yeah. But not right now, I'm just gonna burp."


setting: I am reading one of the books in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.
Matt: "Mom, what are you reading about?"
Me: "Vampires!"
Matt: "Mom, you shouldn't be reading scary things. Girls don't like scary things. They just like makeup and stuff."


Here's my all time favorite:

setting: Matt was learning to wipe himself after using the bathroom. He has just finished going potty.
Me: "Matt, is your bum all clean?"
Matt: (in a very frustrated tone) "Well, I don't know because my head is turned the other way!"

You gotta love that boy!


Matthew with his new baby sister


Happy Birthday Matthew! You are the best!

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Matt. You are so cute, as your mom has said so wonderfully on her blog. We love you!
-Aunt Mandy and the gang

Big Train said...

Happy Birthday Matt. Don't forget that Grandma and I love you very much.

{Marie Long} said...

WOW 5!!! What a handsome young man you have. He was just a little guy when we met him, now he's all grown up.

This is me said...

For some reason I got all choked up when I read this post. That photo of Matt in his dinosaur pjs is how I still picture him. It is probably how I will ALWAYS picture him. I'm always surprised when we see you guys and he isn't two still.

What's up with that?

Happy Birthday, Buddy!

[Morgan] said...

5?!!!!!!!!
wow, time flies.
Happy Birthday Matthew!

9,000. that's a great number! :)

Anonymous said...

This is a great post! I love the pic of Matthew and Corinne a few years ago. Those little conversations are hilarious! What a funny guy. Your favorite one has me cracking up right now!

Unknown said...

Hahaha wow, what a sense of humor! (I read the quotes). That is awesome!

You need to include the "When I say hey..." conversation! :D