Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Eve


Our typical Christmas Eve usually involves dinner, activities, and a program/nativity with Tyson's family.  Unfortunately it had to be cancelled due to illness, so we were on our own for Christmas Eve.  I decided to make my Christmas ham and scalloped potatoes dinner on Christmas Eve instead, which worked out nicely because that meant no cooking on Christmas day!


Here is our somewhat thrown together nativity as Tyson read from Luke chapter 2:

(Allison insisted on being Mary, Matthew was Joseph, Corinne was a Shepherd and a Wise Man, and Shane was a runaway sheep.)










I always take a picture of the kids in their pajamas and holding their stockings on Christmas Eve.  Shane didn't make it easy on me this year!












We set out cookies and egg nog for Santa with a note, and then tucked the kids in with strict instructions about NOT waking mom up too early and DON'T wake up Shane and DON'T go downstairs to see the presents without me! (Matthew slept in the girls room.)  It was a nice low-key evening and I admit, I was just as excited as the kids were to wake up Christmas morning. I couldn't wait to see their faces!

No comments: