Friday, January 8, 2010

LOOK AT ME, I'M CRAFTY!

**Disclaimer: I am actually not crafty AT ALL. That's why I am so proud of this little project!**

We bought Allison some new crib bedding almost a year ago, and I have wanted to hang the quilt ever since. I have had no luck finding cute clips for hanging quilts and I have looked EVERYWHERE. I have even scoured the internet, eBay, and catalogs. You name it, I have looked there.

I decided to take matters into my own hands and make them myself. I found a pack of 5 mini chip-clips at the dollar store (totally on accident; I was shopping for other stuff). These clips had a hole on the back which is exactly what I needed so I could hang them on a nail.

Anyway, I bought some wood flower cut-outs, circles for centers, and some paint. They still needed something, so I rummaged through my sewing kit and found a couple of old buttons about the same size. I painted those too, and VOILA!

Here's the finished look:







Now, if I could only get Allison to stop pulling the whole thing down when she goes to bed! I figure she'll get used to it soon. (Let's hope!)

8 comments:

This is me said...

Super crafty! And super cute!

I'm still working on making my Christmas Advent calendar. It MIGHT be done in time for next Christmas!

Mandy said...

Love it Sarah! You could sell those... :)

Jenny said...

So so cute!

Jen said...

I think you have always been crafty!
I have been bad at both blogging and reading friends' blogs the last few months. It was fun to look back and see what has been going with you all! We still think of you often and hope things are going well. Happy New Year!!!

Amy said...

SO CUTE! Way to go Sarah! You must be crafty to come up with that idea. I wouldn't have even thought of it. We miss you guys! We should get together sometime. We are just in Bluffdale which isn't too far. I am working back at Rodworks if you ever want to stop by and say hi. :)

Brittany said...

Adorable. Now, could you come up with something equally crafty and cute to hang a quilt in a boy's room? I've been putting it off for two and a half years!

Amanda said...

So cute! You did a great job. I might have to steal your idea with the clips since I want to hang a blanket in Tingen's room.

Wendi said...

That is adorable Sarah! You've been holding out on the crafting world too long. :)

I love your background.