Tuesday, July 7, 2009

OUR 4TH OF JULY

We had a really good 4th of July this year. It really made me realize how much I love the 4th! It is definitely up there as one of my favorite holidays. My dad came down for the weekend while my mom was in CA helping my grandparents.

The Freedom Festival Parade







my patriotic dessert



my patriotic baby



the AWESOME fireworks show put on by Marcus and Tyson





fun with sparklers







Last night for family night, we talked to our kids about why we celebrate the 4th of July and what it means to our family. We're so thankful to live in this country and for all of the freedoms we enjoy. We hope you had a great weekend with your families too!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Man, I am HUUUUGGGGE! I realize that I am definitely avoiding my camera, so I'm in denial that I am THAT big. :)

Amy said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing your blog with me. Looks like you had a great holiday weekend.

This is me said...

I love those cupcakes! What a cute idea!

And Matt looks awesome in his muscle shirt. It is one of my favorite looks for little boys.