Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A SURPRISE FOR CORINNE

My kids have been really into Webkinz lately, but neither of them even have one! They have been saving their money (except when they are tempted by the ice cream man), but at $15 a pop, it was going to be hard for them. We got a great tip from my sister-in-law Mandy about a Webkinz sale this week, so Matt and I headed over to the store to pick out two Webkinz, one for him, one for Corinne. When Corinne got home, we told her we had a surprise and she had to go on a scavenger hunt to find it.

finding the clues...





Do you see a pink poodle?



Corinne with "Lucy" and Matt with his dino "Tyler"



This was super fun for Corinne and Matt. These new animals are like their babies. The only down side is that Corinne has her standardized testing at school this week, and she came home saying that it was hard to concentrate because she kept thinking about Lucy! (Maybe I should have waited until the tests were over!)

bonus picture of Allison just because she's cute...

6 comments:

This is me said...

I love it! Lauren was completely obsessed with her webkinz when she first got it. She kept telling me that if she didn't go online everyday to feed her, poor Honey the elephant would starve and die. She really believed that she was keeping that thing alive on the website. It was awesome. I'm glad your kids have some now, too so they can play together.

And, you're right, Allison is super cute (and getting tall!).

Jane said...

So cute! I love the scavenger hunt idea.

[Morgan] said...

how fun. we see them all over the place and i've never known what they are....
you are such a cool mom.

Mandy said...

To Corinne from Sydney:

I saw your pink poodle today while you were at school. I had a short day and Gideon was playing with Matthew, that's why I came after school to pick him up. I think your pink poodle is cute. I like the name Lucy. I want to play with you soon!
Love,
Sydney

stephasauri said...

How fun to have her go on a scavenger hunt! Everyone is looking so grown up!

Wendi said...

I remember how much I loved getting that coveted new toy as a kid. Now that I'm a mom, it's hard to tell who it enjoys it more, the kid, or the parents who see their reaction.