Friday, January 30, 2009

A BIRTHDAY POST

Today is Tyson's birthday! I dug through some old pictures to find some of my favorites of Tyson with his kids. Tyson is a great, great dad, and he loves to spend time with his kids. I am lucky to have a partner who is so willing to take care of the kids and let me go work out, relax, or do whatever it is I need to do so that I can de-stress and get out of the house!


a daddy-daughter dance with Corinne (age 6) at his brother's wedding



playing with Matt (age 2)



serenading Allie (I think I have a picture of him playing guitar to all of our kids when they were babies)


So, for his birthday, Tyson wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese's. He wanted something fun for the kids, and something they could be excited about all month long. It worked! Matt and Corinne have literally been counting down the days until Daddy's birthday! What a nice dad.



Besides being a great dad and loving husband, Tyson is an excellent guitarist (don't let him tell you otherwise) and an excellent fly-fisherman. He is creative and musical, and a genuinely kind and good person.

I think I have embarrassed him enough by now, so I'll just say Happy Birthday! We all love you!

4 comments:

This is me said...

I totally get that this post is about Tyson's birthday, but in that last picture, Allison looks EXACTLY like you as a baby. You could have been twins. It is so scary.

Oh, and Happy Birthday to Tyson!

Mandy said...

Sounds like a fun birthday. We love living close to you guys, we love you Tyson! Happy birthday! -M&M and family

stephasauri said...

What a fun daddy!

Headle said...

I'm a super late on this birthday post...but I want to second the fact that Tyson is an amazing on the guitar!

Growing up, I'm pretty sure I was one of his biggest fans!! I loved playing his music to my roommates at college. I always felt like I was related to Neil Young :D I miss hearing him play!! Those are very, very lucky little babies!!

Happy very be-lated birthday Tyson!! Hope you had a great day! That was sooo nice of you to take your kids to Chuck E Cheese. What a great dad!!